37 gallon stock ideas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

John Duffy

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2018
Just purchased a 37 gallon tank. I haven't started cycling yet so it'll be a couple weeks before I purchase any fish. Open to any and all suggestions. Looking for easy to care for fish and a variety of small to largeish fish.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Large fish eat small fish... :D

Maybe one center pice of mid-size and several small groups and some bottom feeders such as cory?

Reactions: John Duffy

John Duffy

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2018
Thanks for getting back so quick and Haha yes I meant more mid sized fish rather then large. I love Cory’s and have kept them in the past. Definitely an option.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
You might look at 1 pearl gourami, 8-12 harlequin rasboras & a small bottom fish; keeping to an Asian theme, 8 dwarf chain loaches (ambastia sidthimunki) or 8 kuhli loaches

Or go South American with 1 angel, 8-10 high bodied tetras like lemons, but not nippy like serape (red miners); & 8 corys.

Last edited:

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
John, what are your plans for décor? What type of substrate are you going to use? Filtration and lighting?

Close to a water source for easy water changes and maintenance?

37's are cool display size tanks. Nice footprint, but a right up to the shoulder soaker when it comes to reaching bottom LOL!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store