Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

37g Goldfish tank

Discussion in 'General Cold & Temperate Water' started by Vincenia, May 17, 2016.

1. Vincenia

Vincenia AC Members

Kayla
    May 10, 2018
    Kayla
    Camera Used:
    IPhone 7 Plus
    I haven't kept Goldfish in a long while and want to try keeping them again. I had them when I was very young. I was think of atleast 2 Fancies or 3, depending, but most likely 2 fancies is enough. I do have a Cascade 300 (rated for 100 gallons) running on it. I no longer have plants in the tank just wood and rocks, have since moved my tetras to my 55g where they are very happy. I'll upload a picture of the tank in a bit.

2. henningc

henningc AC Members

Nov 11, 2016
    The tank is small for gold fish, but if you do 25% water changes weekly and keep the filter in top clean shape 2 should work. I'd suggest fantails as they stay the smallest. I'd also make sure to feed them a top quality food so they don't produce as much waste. Ken's Fish makes some good veggie foods at a reasonable price. You can typically get a 1/2 pound for under $10.

3. Vincenia

Vincenia AC Members

Kayla
    May 10, 2018
    Kayla
    Camera Used:
    IPhone 7 Plus
    I always do 25% W/C weekly as it is, always had and the filter is easy to clean. I'm going to look at fantails and a few others. But no commons or other single tail Golds, they get to large.

4. Rbishop

Rbishop ...and over the edge.
    Staff Member

Mr. Normal
    Today at 9:38 AM
    Mr. Normal
    tank pic?

5. Tifftastic

Tifftastic "With your powers combined . . ."

Tiff
    Nov 30, 2017
    Tiff
    I would recommend more than 25% water changes depending on the size of the goldies. That size tank will quickly become nitrate heavy with goldies. Extra filtration would be a great idea.

6. Vincenia

Vincenia AC Members

Kayla
    May 10, 2018
    Kayla
    Camera Used:
    IPhone 7 Plus
    I plan on adding another filter in a month or so onto the tank to help the existing filter with the heavy load. I can do two 25% water changes weekly and maybe more as they get bigger up to to 30-40% twice weekly. The heater has been unplugged.

Here's the tank:
    IMG_5210.JPG

7. Tifftastic

Tifftastic "With your powers combined . . ."

Tiff
    Nov 30, 2017
    Tiff
    If you go with fantails, you may see damage on their fins from those rocks and that driftwood. Fancy goldies aren't very smart and due to their breeding over time have misshapen bodies that they can't manipulate very well, making them clumsy. I would recommend removing the rocks and sanding down any points on the driftwood, even if they look smooth.
    They also won't benefit from the hiding spots you've created as much as they would benefit from more open swimming space. The tank would look really nice for some South American fish, but should be redesigned for goldies.

8. Vincenia

Vincenia AC Members

Kayla
    May 10, 2018
    Kayla
    Camera Used:
    IPhone 7 Plus
    I picked up some fake plants to replace the rocks and going to move the wood around. I ended up with Orandas, I like them and they are cute. The fantails didn't look all that good and barely able to swim well. The orandas seem to have no issue swimming. In a month or two I'm going to pick up a second filter for the tank and maybe a bubbler.

9. Mickeytuxedodaniosplaty

Mickeytuxedodaniosplaty Registered Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Hi! I have 4 danios that are assorted (Including Zebra Danios), and 1 Mickey mouse platy and 1 tuxedo platy, I was wondering if any of you knew how to make a fry trap that can fit into 16litre/3.5 gallons. Please reply back if you know. By the way, my danios are all nice and ready for a breed! :)

10. Rbishop

Rbishop ...and over the edge.
    Staff Member

Mr. Normal
    Today at 9:38 AM
    Mr. Normal
    Start a new thread please...this one is pretty old. :)