40 breeder planted aquarium journal (I have faced so much adversity a normal person would quit)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
This is a species that should be maintained in groups numbering 10 or preferably more, and its active swimming nature requires a tank length of 36 inches/90 cm minimum. (Seriouslyfish) the thing is too, they go off of pretty general standards and it is better to go above their standards. A 36” tank would only work for breeding IMO

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Actually this isn't the first ive heard for rummies too, ive heard they do need much larger because theyre one of the few very tight active schoolers, vs loose shoalers like most.

I like the biotope idea! My only thought is I dont know how temperamentally compatible acaras and apistogramma would be together.

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
I am gonna do lower numbers on some of the fish like only 2 whiptails and 3-4 apistos but I’m gonna have a lot of tetras

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I have 10? rummies, 1 of the 3 or 4 species of them. They only tightly school sometimes, there are no larger fish to "help" them do that. There's no problem keeping them in a 36 inch breeder, mine use only part of a 4ft planted tank. They aren't all that super active except at feeding time & then just like most schoolers until food is gone.

You are tending toward too many bottom/low level fish with corys, 2 species cichlids, whiptails...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store