55 ready for fish!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joeyg2100

AC Members
Oct 31, 2005
Here is the what could be my final concept on this tank. Let me know if the stocking will work

2-Angels
2-Bolivian Rams
10-12 Harlequin Rasbora
8-10 Jilii Cory's
1-BN pleco

Let me know what you think of the list and the tank

IMG_6032.JPG

IMG_6033.JPG

IMG_6034.JPG

IMG_6037.JPG

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That looks great! , even sideways, lol. Is the tank fully cycled? I see a floating biowheel...did you do a fishless cycle with ammonia? What are your parameters (ammonia, nitrite & nitrate)?

joeyg2100

AC Members
Oct 31, 2005
That looks great! , even sideways, lol. Is the tank fully cycled? I see a floating biowheel...did you do a fishless cycle with ammonia? What are your parameters (ammonia, nitrite & nitrate)?
The bio wheel and some sifted gravel vacs from my cousins established tank that I used to seed the tank with bacteria. I used some guppies to help in the process. The tank has been up now for 4 weeks.

My levels are as follows

PH 7.4
Am 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
Has been pretty steady at this for a week now with a 25% wc in there.

I will be adding the fish once every week or as needed according to water readings.

What order should I put the fish in? I know I am getting the corys next because I need some bottom feeders to help clean. The guppies will go back in their own tank. And the BN pleco will go in last unless I start getting algie.

Thanks

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I would wait to get the corys, they do better with a more mature tank IMO. BN is an omnivore & can help with uneaten food not just algae. I'd probably start with rasboras or a BN. How many guppies do you have now? 1 BN will be ok now especially if it's small. If you have, say 8 guppies, I'd remove them all & add all the rasboras all at 1 time.

Each time you add fish you risk diseases, so study the lfs tanks for anything that looks "off", skinny or any white dots or other skin or fin issues. On a communal filtration system?, then study all tanks! If your cousin can go with you great!, an extra pair of eyes & some experience can help choosing fish. If the fish don't look really good, wait. I know you're ready but get the healthiest fish you can.

Test daily & be prepared to do a large water change as needed. Prime can also help with any ammonia or nitrite if you "really can't" change water. Any of either can cause permanent damage if present for long. Prime can "bind" both for 24-48 hours, dose for entire tank volume if needed but test, test, test!

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I agree with the above. Rather than the BN last I would add the rams last as they can be pretty touchy, depending on the source you get them from.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store