55g Planted Pics - Feedback Welcome

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

enrique4jc

AC Members
Oct 17, 2006
Russell Springs, KY
Real Name
Eric
Just a forewarning, that amazon sword will take over the tank quickly.
Yes, indeed! I bought a small one on purpose for that reason. I kept one in a 29g for several years. It pretty much took over 3/4 of the tank, but put out several new plants and I was able to sell those off. Eventually sold the big plant and kept a couple of the smaller ones to grow, and sold those as well. So if anyone is in the market for a ginormous, productive amazon sword in a year or so...I'm your guy!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I've kept "both" commonly available anacharis (the legal & the not so much 1)...It never had that fuzzy look. I'm sticking to possible hair alga...but waiting is also good advice.

Have you tried to remove the "fuzz"? Like with a toothpick or toothbrush? I'm not convinced it's "just" anacharis (elodea)…

1 species (maybe both) are happier at cool water temps...

enrique4jc

AC Members
Oct 17, 2006
Russell Springs, KY
Real Name
Eric
It never had that fuzzy look. I'm sticking to possible hair alga...
Not sure what you're seeing, but everything is clean leaves, friend. Only algae is a little on the glass (left it on purpose for the inbound bristlenose plecos) and on the driftwood on the right side.

Edit: It's possible what you're seeing is the reflection of those plants off the back glass. Gives a bit of a green aura around the plants.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Maybe it's just my old eyes or less than "crisp" pics (no offense, I don't do anything but fuzzy pics)...but I see fuzziness, lol.

I forget, but there's a difference between dark green & lighter green elodea species.

Just go with it for now (as I think dougall said), you can fix it later if needed. Many tank issues are more "wait & see" than emergencies. Ommm!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store