5g nano tank stocking options?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jewelcichs

AC Members
Aug 10, 2017
Hi I just set up a nano tank and am wondering what kind of fish I can put in it. I'm stuck between getting the super tiny schooling. Or just one or two dwarfish fish that have really vivid colour. Could you guys suggest some species. My tank is a little bare right now but will be full of Java moss soon

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
What are you wanting from the tank? Lots of activity? Personality? is it heated? The easiest would likely be shrimp--they're low maintenance, happy in small tanks, and fun to watch.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm going to vote for a honey gourami, maybe a pair & even a few cherry shrimp.

Or you could get a betta...& shrimp if he doesn't eat them.

I also like micro rasboras, dwarf rainbows or clown killifish...so many little options.

What do you like?

intofish

AC Members
Sep 30, 2017
A Rosetail/Rosepetal Betta would be gorgeous in that setup. If I were you and looking for school in that setup, I would be going for 5-10 Chili Rasbora. Their red colors pop once settled (2-3 weeks). I find them not shy at all. They are top dwellers so you can get away with some shrimp and bring in some contrast to the tank. The shrimplets would be able to survive under moss.

Keep us posted on how you went with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store