• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

6.5g stock ideas

Vincenia

AC Members
I had upgraded my old 2.5g tank to a 6.5g when I had my rose petal betta, which had recently passed. The tank is planted. Currently have a flying fox in the tank, but I’m giving him to my dad tomorrow.

I’m looking at Galaxy rasboras and scarlet badis. I’m upgrading the filter to a larger filter and adding a heater.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like a good plan. I love galaxy/celestial pearl danios. I had 10 of them in a planted 10g and eventually moved them to a 29g. Cool little fish. I've never seen them locally aside from one LFS that's long gone and where I had bought mine years ago.

Vincenia

AC Members
I might special order them at the lfs I used to work at. I was thinking 5 rasboras and 1-2 badis. I don’t want to do a betta again, currently my remaining betta is in my 55g and he’s loving it.

Vincenia

AC Members
I did a quick 50% w/c and moved the plants and rocks around. Tank is currently now fishless, the flying fox has been removed. I’ll post a photo of the tank later. Currently there is no background on it.

Vincenia

AC Members
B3472D1C-A39C-4EE9-913E-DEE724D61D41.jpeg
Here’s the tank currently, did put my remaining betta into the tabk to help keep it cycled. He’ll be moved back to the 55g in a few weeks, may give him time to heal his fins, since they are shredded.

Vincenia

AC Members
37A8B572-0C8F-46B6-826D-E62B19DDDF8B.jpeg I don’t want to order the fish right now due to the cold weather in my area. Might have to do a different stock instead. I’m thinking a small group of pygmy cories, 1-2 japanese algae eating shrimp and a male betta. I did pick up a Blue Mustard male betta, his tail is a bit beat up. The betta is currently in his up, but will be put into the tank shortly.

Vincenia

AC Members
I think I’ll stick with my betta. He’s colored up and active. I put 4 Gold Neon Tetras in with the betta, no issues so far.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store