75 community update

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
I’ve made a few additions by subtraction and everything seems to be smooth now, lots of schooling, next to no aggression aside from mild chasing
18 red eye tetra
11 brilliant rasbora
9 green tiger barb
2 BN plecos
Two rainbow cichlids
1 Geophagus brasiliensis

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
I’ve made a few additions by subtraction and everything seems to be smooth now, lots of schooling, next to no aggression aside from mild chasing
18 red eye tetra
11 brilliant rasbora
9 green tiger barb
2 BN plecos
Two rainbow cichlids
1 Geophagus brasiliensis
Very active! What is the yellow cichlid? That's new to me.
They’re rainbow cichlids, male n female, herotilapia multispinosa

Reactions: Wyomingite

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I thought it was a laetacara, apisto or similar...but not according to google, my bad :( It seems kribensis are sometimes called "dwarf rainbow cichlids" but not by me...Thanks for giving the latin name, that always helps :) It's a handsome fish!

Reactions: FishAddict74

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
I thought it was a laetacara, apisto or similar...but not according to google, my bad :( It seems kribensis are sometimes called "dwarf rainbow cichlids" but not by me...Thanks for giving the latin name, that always helps :) It's a handsome fish!
They're attractive fish and great as a starter cichlid because they are extremely peaceful, even when protecting eggs and fry when compared with most other cichlids. But I never understood the common name "rainbow" cichlid. Like you said, they're handsome, but I've never seen one exhibiting what I would consider a rainbow of colors.

WYite

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
They're attractive fish and great as a starter cichlid because they are extremely peaceful, even when protecting eggs and fry when compared with most other cichlids. But I never understood the common name "rainbow" cichlid. Like you said, they're handsome, but I've never seen one exhibiting what I would consider a rainbow of colors.

WYite
from what I read they’re called rainbows because of the way they change color depending on mood and if they’re spawning or not. The female here is gray but sometimes she’s yellow like the male or sometimes half black n yellow. But ya rainbow doesn’t seem appropriate when compared to many other colorful cichlids

Reactions: Wyomingite
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store