A problem with tankmates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jaymekelley

AC Members
Feb 1, 2017
any updates on the tank?
Well, we've not had any more casualties. There's just the jack Dempsey, the convict, two plecos and the four little feeders are still sticking around. Been feeding the plecos their own algea wafers, everyone seems happy. Have a tank my mom gave me with two dragon fish in it, we just kept it set up the way she had it so I didn't do anything wrong, lol. They seem to be doing okay, too, eating frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms, except one of them seems a little swollen on the upper part of the body. There's the spot where they poop from, and her body above that seems swollen to me compared to the other one. Idk, found itself a comfortable hide and stays there a lot, but pretty normal activity, normal appetite and eating patterns, seems to "sleep" and wake normally and whatnot.

Frank Castle

AC Members
Feb 9, 2017
Well, we've not had any more casualties. There's just the jack Dempsey, the convict, two plecos and the four little feeders are still sticking around. Been feeding the plecos their own algea wafers, everyone seems happy. Have a tank my mom gave me with two dragon fish in it, we just kept it set up the way she had it so I didn't do anything wrong, lol. They seem to be doing okay, too, eating frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms, except one of them seems a little swollen on the upper part of the body. There's the spot where they poop from, and her body above that seems swollen to me compared to the other one. Idk, found itself a comfortable hide and stays there a lot, but pretty normal activity, normal appetite and eating patterns, seems to "sleep" and wake normally and whatnot.
how about pix of the tanks if you could?

Tinkmink09

Registered Member
Apr 12, 2020
That’s not a good mix for that tank, and the baby ones should never be kept with adults unless it’s their off spring and only with fish that raise their fry. The snowflake eel is not something to be kept with fish it can get its mouth on. In my experience if u want eels and ropefish the best pairing is a fire eel and a rope fish mine live in a 100 gal with my green Oscar who has never eaten live food so she doesn’t go after moving fish she only has interest in her pellets and that was after being raised in a community tank from a baby.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store