actinics question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Soccer

AC Members
May 14, 2002
Guelph, Ontario
Visit site
i got a 40 dual ballast and 1 actinic, 1 18000k bulbs. The guy told my dad that the 18000k would be purplish and the actinic blue of course. My two questions are these things just look like plain white colored bublbs even the actinics i have them on right now and not blue at all. I was wondering if they take time to turn there normal color or are they bad bulbs? Also should i take back the 18000k and get an actinic or leave it? thanx alot

Merry christmas:D

Soccer

AC Members
May 14, 2002
Guelph, Ontario
Visit site
Ya sure enough it was the package to an actinic bulb but the bulb was actually an 18000K so i ended up returning it and i got 2 actinic but before i bought them i checked to make sure the same thing didn't happen but sure enough one was a different bulb then actinic. So i have one actinic running and the other i'm picking up on monday. But there's one question. When running just the one 20w bulb(only running them at dusk/dawn) i noticed it was pretty bright. How many watts of actinic should i run on a 30g tank. If i add the other 20w bulb that will give me 40w will that be to much? also do u guys leave them on all night?

thanx;)

What are you trying to do with your tank?
And why would you only want 2 actinic bulbs?
Doesnt your tank look a really weird blue color?

No, you shouldnt leave them on all night, since you probaly wouldnt enjoy sleeping with the lights on either.

I think a daylight and an actinic make a nice color. Some people like a bit bluer, but I dont think I remember anyone prefering all actinic.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store