Add fish or re-home tigers in 75 gallon?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WiccaFish

Registered Member
Feb 20, 2021
NJ
I need your help. As my fish mature I'm noticing some behavior changes I'm not happy with. I left it to an expert to help me pick out fish that would get along and for the most part they are but my fancy tiger barbs seem to be taking over the tank. All the other fish are on one side of the tank while the tigers rule the other side. I just noticed one of my sharks has a torn pectoral fin. I don't ever see the barbs go after the other fish but their flashy swimming seems to make the others nervous. And this nervous behavior by all the other fish started after a tiger dropped eggs.
I know I need to add fish but I would like recommendations on to which and how many. I would like to stay with what I originally have but just add more numbers.
2 Pearl Gourami
5 Long Finned Tiger Barb's
2 Roseline Sharks
2 Boesemani Rainbowfish
1 Bristlenose

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
I need your help. As my fish mature I'm noticing some behavior changes I'm not happy with. I left it to an expert to help me pick out fish that would get along and for the most part they are but my fancy tiger barbs seem to be taking over the tank. All the other fish are on one side of the tank while the tigers rule the other side. I just noticed one of my sharks has a torn pectoral fin. I don't ever see the barbs go after the other fish but their flashy swimming seems to make the others nervous. And this nervous behavior by all the other fish started after a tiger dropped eggs.
I know I need to add fish but I would like recommendations on to which and how many. I would like to stay with what I originally have but just add more numbers.
2 Pearl Gourami
2 Roseline Sharks
2 Boesemani Rainbowfish
1 Bristlenose
I would get the tiger barbs up to at least 10 or so, I would also add more bosemani. I had a 75 community and I had 17 tiger barbs and that kept them from bothering anything else. Do you have pics, your scape can make a difference too

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I would get the tiger barbs up to at least 10 or so, I would also add more bosemani. I had a 75 community and I had 17 tiger barbs and that kept them from bothering anything else. Do you have pics, your scape can make a difference too
Like adding more plants, tall plants like amazon swords, vallisneria, hornwort etc (thanks to my high functioning AS i could go on lol) should do the trick. Adding wood as well, especially for the pleco who needs woods in its diet.

Reactions: FishAddict74

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
2 Pearl Gourami
2 Roseline Sharks
2 Boesemani Rainbowfish
1 Bristlenose
Adding a few tiger barbs is one decent possibility. I myself would probably go another way.

I'd get rid of the tiger barbs, then increase both the bosemani rainbows and roseline sharks to at least six of each. As has been pointed out, the bosemani are schooling fish that should be kept in groups. But the roseline sharks (Sahyadria denisonii ) are also a type of barb and should be kept in a school as well.

Regardless of what you decide to do with the tiger barbs, you need to increase the bosemani rainbows and rodeline barbs to at least six. I prefer to keep schooling fish in groups of at leaset nine.

WYite

Reactions: FishAddict74

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Adding a few tiger barbs is one decent possibility. I myself would probably go another way.

I'd get rid of the tiger barbs, then increase both the bosemani rainbows and roseline sharks to at least six of each. As has been pointed out, the bosemani are schooling fish that should be kept in groups. But the roseline sharks (Sahyadria denisonii ) are a type of barbs and should be kept in a school as well.

Regardless of what you decide to do with the tiger barbs, you need to increase the bosemani rainbows and rodeline barbs to at least six. I prefer to keep schooling fish in groups of at leaset nine.

WYite
Ill try to remember that. Would help me in future maybe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store