Adding new Fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Claire Vaughan

AC Members
Apr 15, 2017
Las Cruces, NM
Real Name
Laura
Sorry, I'm a slow typer & dinner eater, lol. Your Rufus appears to be a gibbiceps (sailfin pleco), they get to 18 inches-ish. He looks a bit skinny along his upper spine area... how much, how often & what kind of food do you feed him? I'm guessing he'd like 2 "aspirin sized" tablets or wafers twice a day. Maybe you can teach him to "wink" for food, it was surprisingly easy & fun for us & him. He might appreciate a big piece of real wood to graze on too.

I don't see your corys in your pics...but they eat tablets or wafers too...allow for that.

Your angels are of very different sizes...but seem to get along...for now. Do not try to add more similar sized 1s unless you have a back-up plan for when it doesn't work...or they want to breed...& if M & F, they will...

I'm going to suggest you get a java fern or 2, live plants are wonderful & will help soften your tank's look. All fish will love them & the goodies they grow.

I can see your disappointment with fish "under-population"...If you want to consider a new large but schooling species, look at roseline sharks (dennisonii barbs), spectacular! & peaceful.
I have wondered if Rufus was thin. I feed 2 of the algae pellets daily and some of the smaller, as you say\, aspirin sized" ones for the cory cats. The other fish love the too and it's a feeding frenzy when I put the in. I also feed a slice of cucumber every week or two. The cory's are emerald and peppered. They didn't show up in the picture. The black Angel is younger that the gold veil. I hope they continue to get along.
I haven't tried live plants as they are kind of intimidating to me. Way back in the day, when I was starting to keep an aquarium, I tried them and it was a mess for me. I was young and the tank was a 10 gallon. I haven't tried them since. Maybe it's time to "grow up". :)
Thank you for your time and advise. I will heed your words.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store