Advice for what to put in my 10g tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LittleOne004

Registered Member
Feb 28, 2020
I was doing some research on a variety of fish that are good in 10g tanks and wanted affirmation on my decision. I came to the conclusion of one Dwarf Gourami, one Corydora, and an Otocinclus. Is this a good set up? Are there any problems? If there are, or if this is good for a 10g tank, please let me know.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Cories need groups of 6 and many too large for a 10g but if you choose ONE of ths dwarf species you could add those. Either pygmaeus, hastatus, or habrosus corydoras. Dont mix species, choose 6-10 of one of these for a 10 gallon.

A dwarf gourami is a little too large and active for a 10 gallon, a 20 gal is better... but sparkling gourami are excellent for a 10g. You could do 3-5 in a 10... theyre a nano fish.

And otos also need groups of 6+ as theyre social fish. Unfortunately this also leads to them needing a 20g or larger. Plus are delicate so sensitive to water parameters.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I like Noodles answer but I'd go with a honey gourami, preferably a male, & 6-8 dwarf corys. Dwarf gouramis often have health issues these days & are a little bit too large...but it "could" work with diligent water changes & live plants, no slacking!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Just to add to the above, otos need a long established tank with lots of yummy bio films built-up for them to do well. I wouldn't keep any of what you list in a 10g. I'd stick with a male or female betta, or group of celestial pearl danios. You could do a betta and 7-8 CPDs.

Reactions: stephalpha

Gliderman2.0

Registered Member
Mar 1, 2020
I was doing some research on a variety of fish that are good in 10g tanks and wanted affirmation on my decision. I came to the conclusion of one Dwarf Gourami, one Corydora, and an Otocinclus. Is this a good set up? Are there any problems? If there are, or if this is good for a 10g tank, please let me know.
Hello, I agree with the other posters on not having one Corydora, I read somewhere recently that a lone Corydora will die early just due to loneliness ! I just got into the aquarium hobby after my wife sadly passed away last year, it has been a rewarding diversion . I have 6 Panda Corydora in a 20 gallon tank , I think you could get 3-4 Panda Corydora for a 10 gallon no problem . The Pandas are small Corys, they will max out at 1.5 inches and have been a delight so far. I also have driftwood, live plants, 20 neon tetras and 2 male 2 female guppies and they all get along except for the daily food fight !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store