Advice on unorthodox tank build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kristophf

AC Members
Feb 8, 2019
Just realised ive posted in the freshwater forum, im actually planning to upgrade my 100L reef tank as im moving house and will have more space

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Didnt think of that. Cool idea and would change things completely. There are minor fragments missing out of both top corners which could be ingored i guess...
And that way ill only need a base cut. Sides would have a seam in the middle though. Ill have to check if i have the space for that

View attachment 224208
Those cuts come in handy for getting hoses and wires through. So the glass is 500 mm high, but you only have the water level till 450 mm max as to keep a safety margin for the thickness. You make the hood sink in the tank 50 mm so it will be easier for maintenance and you don't see the water level.

Kristophf

AC Members
Feb 8, 2019
Those cuts come in handy for getting hoses and wires through. So the glass is 500 mm high, but you only have the water level till 450 mm max as to keep a safety margin for the thickness. You make the hood sink in the tank 50 mm so it will be easier for maintenance and you don't see the water level.
Yea good point can run electricals etc through there tidy it up with some sort of capping, ill have to reconfigure an overflow system and placement

Kristophf

AC Members
Feb 8, 2019
Decided on going for an island setup with a centre tower overflow which i can aquascape rock around, drill a hole straight through the bottom leading down into the sump. From what ive read centre overflows work well. And it will conceal well id just have to cut it to the exact height i want the water level. Im going to have to invest in a bigger skimmer and some other equipment for the increase of volume... never had a tank bigger than 100L.

Looking foward to building this upgrade. Thanks for all the help. Will share pics when its done ✌

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store