African Cichlid Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

-_SassyCichlid_-

AC Members
May 16, 2019
So the 150 gallon (which my parents stocked) has around 11 mbunas and much less haps. We plan to introduce a few more cichlids to lower aggression as there has been a few incidents and I’m a bit concerned. I have heard that there should be around 90 cichlids in a tank that size.

I plan to introduce a couple soon and then slowly add more and more.

Here’s a list of the stocking :

- x3 yellow tailed aceis
- x1 OB red blotch zebra
- x1 melanochromis johanni
- x1 melanochromis aurutus
- x1 metriaclima lombardoi
- x1 dragon blood peacock
-x2 bumblebee cichlids
-x1 electric yellow cichlid
-x1 red zebra cichlid
-x3 unknowns
-x1 blue dolphin cichlid

I tried to upload images of what the unknowns look like, I’m not sure if they’re there.
Now, what would you suggest we do? Like, what fish would be better off to add, what fish should possibly be removed, etc.?

35AB0C5B-DC02-4FBE-8312-3401432622F6.jpeg

6FC8C68B-46C8-4BE4-8222-3427337267FF.jpeg

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
What are the dimensions of the 150G tank?

90 fish is way too many and definitely not recommended.

Are you looking for an all male tank setup or are you interested in mixed gender with some breeding activity?

How large are the current fish you have? Once they mature, you will definitely see some problems with fighting as a few of the species you listed tend to be quite aggressive.

-_SassyCichlid_-

AC Members
May 16, 2019
What are the dimensions of the 150G tank?

90 fish is way too many and definitely not recommended.

Are you looking for an all male tank setup or are you interested in mixed gender with some breeding activity?

How large are the current fish you have? Once they mature, you will definitely see some problems with fighting as a few of the species you listed tend to be quite aggressive.
Not sure of the dimensions. It’s standard style.

We already have a bunch of fish that we do not know the genders of. There has been breeding.

The fish are around 4-6 inches each, the peacocks being a bit larger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store