African Dwarf Frog with White Spots on his knees??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sheila Key

AC Members
Nov 15, 2018
North Carolina
Real Name
Sheila
I've had 2 ADFs in a 10 gallon with 3 guppies, 2 platies and 2 cory cats for a about 2 weeks now and everything has been fine until today. I checked on them this morning like usual and the smaller ADF was on his back. I thought he was dead but when I went to scoop him out he flipped over and tried to get away but was very slow doing it. His back right leg seemed to not be working. I've been keeping and eye on him for the past 6 hrs especially since I had an ammonia spike of 2ppm. I did a 50% water change and every time I've caught him on his back I flipped him over but he still wouldn't move much. Put some bloodworms right in front of both frogs and he wouldn't touch them. I noticed one of the Platies biting at him (which they've never shown any interest in the frogs before) and when I checked he gone. I've noticed white spots on the other frogs knees that weren't there yesterday. He's acting perfectly normal other than the white spots. Any idea what it could be? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Did you do any quarantine? Dwarf frogs really aren't great in community tanks, and are very sensitive to ammonia.

Sheila Key

AC Members
Nov 15, 2018
North Carolina
Real Name
Sheila
Did you do any quarantine? Dwarf frogs really aren't great in community tanks, and are very sensitive to ammonia.
I didn't quarantine. I've never had ADFs before and they were an impulse buy. I should have known the sales person at the store was just making a sale when she talked me into the fish as well but I was excited about the frogs and she said that was how hers was setup. I've since then done my research and removed the Platys. Scully (ADF) seems to be doing fine. He's active and eating great. I'm working on cycling a new tank to put the Guppies in and am thinking of leaving the 2 Cory Cats and making this just a frog tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store