African Dwarf Frogs DO eat fish!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Zim

AC Members
Dec 1, 2002
Southeast Texas
www.drunkduck.com
I just witnessed my african dwarf frog (this is not an african clawed frog, it is definately a dwarf) eat one of my feeder guppies. It was one of the larger guppies too. Took him a while to get it down, but he ate it. Wow, I've never seen such a fat frog.

Anton Wernher

AC Members
Feb 24, 2002
NC
I had one eat 2 of my 5 dwarf puffers the other day. Granted these guys were tiny.

tamara323

~*Animal Loving Aquarius Aquarist*~
Feb 2, 2002
Canada
wow, my dwarfs have got to be the most passive in the tank. if you're sure it's a dwarf (which it would have to be if it's so small) is it preying on fish because it's that hungry? i've only ever fed my frogs sinking tablets and they've been in with fish as small as neon tetras......oh well, maybe they were just looking for a change in diet ;) unless they're a cross breed between a dwarf and a clawed.....

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
My brother had a dwarf frog. Said he saw the frog catch a neon with its hands and eat the head right off!!!!! No frogs for me please!!!! Unless i have a LARGE predator fish..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store