Air pump

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Apr 2, 2002
New York
No matter how quiet they start out, they all get noisier sooner or later, imo.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Nitrifying bacteria are on all surfaces, not just the filter. The bacteria are still there, just put some live plants in there if you haven't already. I have plenty of filterless tanks. The water is as clear as any filtered tank.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
It depends on your noise sensitivity, some of us hear high pitched whine more, others low vibrations...that's why we liked adjustable air pumps...but they weren't magic. That's 1 reason we don't have tanks in our bedroom...

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Nitrifying bacteria are on all surfaces, not just the filter. The bacteria are still there, just put some live plants in there if you haven't already. I have plenty of filterless tanks. The water is as clear as any filtered tank.
Any possible tips?
It depends on your noise sensitivity, some of us hear high pitched whine more, others low vibrations...that's why we liked adjustable air pumps...but they weren't magic. That's 1 reason we don't have tanks in our bedroom...
Any good air pumps?

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
My tip is a filterless tank, or do you mean a tip for an air pump? I can't really recommend any cause I don't use them...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store