Anemone problems

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jwilmes

Registered Member
Mar 6, 2009
Minnesota
Hi,

This is my first time posting to this site. I have a 72 gallon salt tank for the last 5 weeks and it is doing well. Yesterday I bought a sea bass anemone. I placed it on a piece of live rock and then when checking the tank later it was upside down on the live sand. Does this happen? Now it has moved behind a large rock out of site. Is this normal?

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
My gut reaction is that your tank is too new. Personally I wouldn't introduce an anemone to and aquarium until the tank has been set up at least 6 months.

What are your current parameters?
How did you acclimate the anemone?
What lighting do you have on your tank?

jwilmes

Registered Member
Mar 6, 2009
Minnesota
The lighting is two lights with each having a 28 watt blue and white fluorescent lamp. T-5 series from coralife. We have a 72 gallon tank and it it floated in the bag for a 1/2 hour before with some of lps water mixed with our.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
That light isn't sufficient on a tank of that size. It just won't be bright enough for the anemone. While many species don't necessarily have to be inundated with light, having extra for an ailing specimen can make a big difference.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store