Anemone VANISHED!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Morgadeth

AC Members
Sep 19, 2007
Ft Drum NY
I had two curlycue anemones until two days ago..
I went to the hospital for my daughter's tonsilectomy, and came back to one less anemone!

No body

No bits

No clue.

Anyone else ever experience this? I've seen what happens when they die (not pretty) but this was just odd.

Here's my stock, if you think there could be a culprit:
Yellow tang
several damsels (god, I hate them!)
porcupine puffer
clownfish
baby moray (5 inches)
carpet anemone (isolated on opposite side of tank)
2 mated coral banded shrimp
1 cleaner shrimp
1 serpent starfish

and now, 1 curleycue..

The only thing I could figure, was maybe during a purge, something ate it?
Any ideas?

superlynx

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
San Francisco Peninsula
Question for you. How long have you had the cleaner shrimp and the puffer. I have a oblong blowfish and just introduce a cleaner shrimp. I just wonder how are yours getting along.

Morgadeth

AC Members
Sep 19, 2007
Ft Drum NY
The cleaner and puffer were introduced around the same time.. Believe it or not, the puffer gets "the works" from the cleaner once every couple days. He sits there with his mouth open and lets the cleaner shrimp go dental! It's pretty cool, actually.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
How long were you at the hospital for? Have you nitrates spiked at all? I would guess that it probably crawled behind a rock somewhere or is in the waaaay back of the tank before guessing anything ate it.

Morgadeth

AC Members
Sep 19, 2007
Ft Drum NY
I was there for about 6 hours, and even though I have a good amount of live rock, I can see pretty much the whole tank from various angles.. It's been 2 weeks, and there are no signs of it anywhere. Very strange...

D.J.

AC Members
May 3, 2008
i have 4 in my tank and can only count 3 at all times.....i have that just stays balled up in the back of the tank at the base of a huge rock...not sure why but has been doing that for a month now....

i can go in remove it to the front of the tank and the next day right back to the back it goes....

nothing you have should of eaten it.....expecially in that short amount of time.....

i believe it to be just hiding like mine.....

fishboy93256

AC Members
Mar 19, 2008
that happend to me and i never fount myn i had a bubble tip

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
I have a bubble tip that ALWAYS hides under a specific rock i have... I move it around, change its position, a bunch of methods ive tried to keep it form going back, but it always goes back... and the bummer is that its not visible at all from where it likes to be...
just sucks i guess...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store