angel fish behavior?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rdelbalso

AC Members
Jan 13, 2003
Boulder, CO
Visit site
Just wondering if it is normal behavior for angel fish to be at a roughly 30 degree angle. I have 3 marbled and 1 silver angel fish in my 30g tank and ever since I put them in there when they come to the front glass they all lean to one side at around 30 degrees. I don't remember them doing this before, but maybe its normal. It looks kind of funny.
Thanks for the replies.

Harry Tolen

Cichlid Fan
Aug 17, 2000
Union, WA, USA
What is your lightsource, and where is it located? Angelfish tend to orient themselves so that they are illuminated from directly above. Probably so do most fish, but with angels it's really obvious because of their body shape.

rdelbalso

AC Members
Jan 13, 2003
Boulder, CO
Visit site
They are all between 2 to 2-1/2". The light is a 24" aquaglo bulb. I don't think they only lean towards the light source because they also do it when directly under the light source.

Also, I was wondering when angels are old enough to breed. I have been reading some other websites (more focused, but not as good as this one) which everyone with multiple angels has them breeding within a month or so. I have had mine for 4 months without any sign of pairing, they all stay together.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store