Angel fish feeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msubhan

AC Members
Feb 6, 2019
Hi,

I have angel fish in my tank, each time when I feed , have doubt how much do i need to feed and how many times a day. Also regarding fish food ,hope tetra bits complete is best food. Please suggest.

THanks

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
What size is your tank? Do you have other fish? What kind?

I like to offer a few varieties of foods. Flakes or pellets (ie bits etc) can be ok: with occasional blood worms or other treats.

But if you overfeed & don't vacuum out any leftovers every day or 2 your water quality & fish will suffer.

Tell us more please!

msubhan

AC Members
Feb 6, 2019
Thanks for your response.

Size of the tank is 3 feet length , 1.5 feet Height and Width , No other fishes available in the tank. Only Angel fish.

Please let me know if need any other details.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Read the ingredients on your fish food. The first 3-4 should be whole foods, not grains and fillers. Ingredients list on Tetra foods can be pretty bad. For an easy to find store bought brand, I like Omega One products. There's lots of good choices by mail order as well.

msubhan

AC Members
Feb 6, 2019
I have 6 pairs of angel fish. Not able to follow you "first 3-4" , also you have mentioned tetra foods are bad. please suggest brand name (which contains Omega products).

Also suggest feeding options and how much to feed.

Thanks

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That seems like quite a lot of angels in a tank only 3 ft long. It's not so much the volume of water but available territories for each pair.

I'd guess you could have only an adult mated pair...maybe 2 pair at most ...depending on their compatibility & aggressiveness. Large plants, wood &/or rocks to divide up the tank MAY help, but might not. Angels can & will kill "extras".

If you're hoping to breed them, stick to 1 true pair. & have a back up plan for the other adults & any fry.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well then once your angels form 1 or more pairs you should choose the 2 that seem to be dominant male & female & rehome the rest.

Are they all the same color strain? They're all the same species of angels & can breed. But color (koi, silver, zebra, etc) & fin varieties (veil or short) can be mixed in varied & unattractive ways.

If you can pick 1 pair of the same color & fin shape & want to think about raising any fry, that would be best. But it's not so easy to do! It's a lot of work.

But maybe you just want a community tank of a pair of angels, a school of corys & a school of larger bodied tetras, that can be nice too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store