Angel fish in a 26 gallon hex

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

plainzwalker

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
FT Meade, MD
plainzwalker.no-ip.org
I have a 26 gallon hex tank that has been sitting for about a month and a half with a canister filter running. I tested the waters and everything was good except nitrites where high. so i decided to get some fish to start the biological stuff going. i put in 4 tiger barbs for now, and plan on moving those to my other tank that has been established for a while already. my question is, this tank doesnt really have too much current to it pretty close to none, i plan on putting a 2nd filter that sits inside it (sponge/powerhead) to create a little more current. do angel fish do better in slow to no current or faster moving current?

im not sure which consiter it is, i know its an ehiem one. i dont understand why there isnt that much current.

thank you in advance,
plainz

Anton Wernher

AC Members
Feb 24, 2002
NC
Anglefish due to their body shape prefer slower water. However as long as the fish is healthy it should fine in faster water... as long as it isn't overboard.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store