Angelfish Dieing Need help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Freshy...many breeders put a pair of Angels in a 20. As well as Discus.
Not forever though, right? Just for pairing or breeding purposes?

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
Sorry to repeat the question, why the use of salt in this case, not knowing what it is?
Is there another set up that can be used as a backup?

Last edited:

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
I have had 2 angels in a 20 gallon tank for years and they breed well and seem happy. I have 4 in a 55 gallon, pluss a redtailed shark.

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
Sick Angel Fish

I have had 2 angels in a 20 gallon tank for years and they breed well and seem happy. I have 4 in a 55 gallon, pluss a redtailed shark. I got the sick fish from a well know Angel breader he traided me. I gave him three adults and he gave me one adult and 5 medium size. I have lost 3 out of the 5 and am about to loose the large one and another medium one. I have been using Maracym 2 on the large one and just finished treating her for 5 days. Then I did a 50% water change. Now she is laying flat and spinning in circles. My medium ones show no signs of anything except they won't eat.I am going to try the Maracym 2 on them. I have never had a sick angel before and I have many tanks of them.Thanks

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
on the dead ones you should carefully check for internal parasites.
generally, tho, parasites take some time to kill the fish..usually a result of secondary infections.
generally, an infected health angels can live for weeks with no food.
did you acclimate the angels? did you follow QT procedures??

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
It sounds like the 2 angels in a 20 is a long term scenario. That seems crowded to me. If that's the case, I'm kinda surprised there haven't been more issues.

I wouldn't even put a pair of rams in a 10, because they would seem crowded there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store