Angelfish Problems

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
Most of my Fry are in 5 or 10 gallon tanks with a sponge filter. What ever it is as moved to other fry tanks. I am now sterilizing the nets, cups, eye dropers, turkey basters and hoses with bleach 3 cap fulls to a gallon of water

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
I am ageing my water in 5 gallon buckets that I bought new at Home depot. It gets cold so I put the water in gallon Jugs and sit it in a sink of hot water it brings the water temp to 80 or more.

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
What I am affraid of is that I have a fungus or parasite because it started with one tank and then onother. Two of the 5 gallon tanks holding Angel fish were never effected untill last night I dound in one tank. I went to feed the fish and there were 4 dead in one of these tanks. I also found in other Angel Fish tanks about 12 fish died. Yesterday I also lost 3/4 of a tank of Raainbows. I don't know why I lost thoes they have been fine for 6 months. It could be I forgot to put De Chlor when I cleaned the tank or it could be a disease the angelfish have. I am usually very carefull about adding stuff top the tank. I have 33 tanks so I am wooried what is next and what do I do about it. Thsnks for the help from all of you.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Bonnie,
Typically aging water is done in larger tanks/containers. water is controlled with heaters and usually a pump of some sort. the water is also treated in these aging tanks and allowed to stabilize.
I use to use 50 g garbage cans(heavy duty tote type) for my aging tanks. I added heater, and an internal pump/power head and added either conditioners or buffers depending on what the aging tank was for. I also keep a UV filter on hand.
that said if you are using chlorine dips are you rinsing them prior to use? this is where meth blue or H2O2 would work to sterilize as well as shelf products found in LFS.

A few years ago there were issues with a virus that was the bane to many fish (Angel) breeders ..it was a pathogen that spread and wiped out a few breeders tanks.
they were forced to pretty much start from scratch.
hopefully that isn't the case here.
I would practice your due diligence and get readings on all your tanks.. possibly get separate items for each tank to avoid transference of possible pathogens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store