Angelfish tankmates?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Have you ever seen those bentosi tetras? they are redish... although I don't know what their temperament is like. Tis a thought.

Finster

AC Members
May 20, 2004
Missouri
Real Name
Joe
Yeh, the ornates. I think tey're OK temperament wise but kinda washed out. I might try embers but I don't know if they would end up as angelfish snacks. Maybe if I set up a small tank and breed them for replacements? HMMMM.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Given that neons are small enough to be a risk with Angels I'm sure embers would be lunch. Cardinal tetras get a bit bigger than neons so they would work size wise.

Pufferowner

AC Members
Sep 5, 2016
if you choose keyholes just know that they sometimes like to uproot plants. Keyholes can be quite shy and they like a lot of hiding places. Though they are indeed very pretty, well at least in my opinion.

Finster

AC Members
May 20, 2004
Missouri
Real Name
Joe
Not much for high maintenance plants anyway. Usually just some tied on java fern and windelov. Maybe a potted sword or two some flame moss, and some anubias that they can dig up and replant as they please. These plants work well for me with even the worst diggers.:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store