Angels laid eggs today.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chenya

AC Members
Apr 29, 2006
Central IL
:headbang2: I have had an Angel in the past that laid eggs but because she was by herself, of course they were not fertile. I bought several angels around this time last year. I lost 2 and still have 2 remaining (a gold and a gold marble). I am pretty sure that they are both male and female given that the breeding tubes look different. Hopefully I will end up with a male and female. So far they are protecting the eggs. Looks like the one that I believe is Male is guarding the eggs, but the female isn't far behind. They are in a community tank so I don't plan on any making it. But it is exciting.

How soon till you can tell if the eggs are developing?

chenya

AC Members
Apr 29, 2006
Central IL
Well.....sometime overnight all of the eggs got ate. Don't know if it was the parents or hungry tankmates.

I don't have a spare tank to move them to so I will have to take my chances. If there was a way to divide the tank that would work best. It is a 125 gal. I know they sell dividers but they don't go that large.

dbyrd50

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2015
If you have a Pleco in your Community Tank then he most likely got them overnight, the Parents can't fight him of because it won't bother him if they nip on him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store