Angels...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cichlid Woman

Dwarf cichlids rule ...
Nov 27, 2002
central Illinois
Visit site
Silvers. They're the only ones that seem to be true angels to me. Not sure why; maybe because they were the first ones I'd ever seen. Their coloring is gorgeous; the silver part shimmers as they swim across the tank, and the black vertical stripes just seem to separate them from the looks of any other species. Unmistakably angels.

I have three babies right now (almost the size of a quarter), and they're ravenous! Every time I go near the tank, they're up there waiting for food. And they nip my arm when I put my hand in the tank. I love 'em.

-- Pat

Deb2

AC Members
Jun 4, 2002
Folsom, CA
Visit site
The long finned blacks. They are very impressive and regal looking.

Mr.Bass

AC Members
Sep 1, 2000
Etters, PA
As a long time breeder of angels, I have some pretty strong personal opinions on the topic:D

Over the years, my likes & dislikes have changed, but a few things have remained the same. Popular color varieties come & go, but the things that separate "quality" angelfish from what you find in a typical LFS remain the same. Personally, I look for long, straight fins, equal length in the dorsal/anal fins and the ventral fins, straight body lines along the head & belly, clear eyes in proportion to body size, and finally compliance with the phenotype under which they are being sold.

I have raised numerous color/fin varieties of angelfish, but I must say that my personal favorite is the standard silver variety with normal finnage, 4 black bars, and bright red eyes. My second favorite would be a true double dark angelfish (sometimes sold as "velvet"). My least favorite would be any variety sporting "super veil" fins or pearlscale. But again, that is just my personal feelings & I am fully aware that peoples taste in angels vary.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store