another 10g rescape

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

goatnad

AC Members
Jun 11, 2016
I moved my white clouds and serpae tetras out of this 10g to a 50g and figured this tank was due for a new aquascape. I am trying my luck at a more open theme this time. Usually I do very thick and heavily planted tanks. This tank so far has cryptocoryne wendtii on the left, java fern on the right, Rotala rotundifolia at the very back and microsword as a carpet. There is java moss growing on the driftwood. I will see how it works out once everything grows in and remove it if I don't like it. Started this one up last night and I still have alot of microsword left to plant. I would like your thoughts on 2 options I have. First would be to plant microsword all the way to the back on the left and right of the driftwood or I could add some plant or plants 20160630_214457.jpg in the very back left and right. What does everyone think? Also what plant or plants would you put in the back if you chose that option?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Very cool! 10's are tough because of the lack of footprint. I made the mistake of putting a tiny little sick looking amazon sword in mine that eventually took over the tank. I had java fern grow huge in there too.

goatnad

AC Members
Jun 11, 2016
Very cool! 10's are tough because of the lack of footprint. I made the mistake of putting a tiny little sick looking amazon sword in mine that eventually took over the tank. I had java fern grow huge in there too.

Very nice tank. That amazon sword isn't sick or small anymore lol. What kind of snails are those? Apple snails? You are definitely right about the footprint. I love 10g tanks because I find them very easy to manage but I do find it hard to scape them. One major problem I have is that I find all my driftwood and very seldom will I find one with enough character and small enough to fit in a 10.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I'd just get some very tall rocks for either/both back corners.....

goatnad

AC Members
Jun 11, 2016
Thanks bishop. I have some rocks from how it was scape before this. I'll play around with it and see what I can come up with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store