Anubias flower

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Cute!
Is that a dying flower below the white happy 1s? You can just snip it off with scissors.

I also see the anubius leaves seem to be yellowing a bit. I'm not sure what that means...How long are you lights on? 6 hours or so is enough

mikead

AC Members
Nov 14, 2019
Cute!
Is that a dying flower below the white happy 1s? You can just snip it off with scissors.

I also see the anubius leaves seem to be yellowing a bit. I'm not sure what that means...How long are you lights on? 6 hours or so is enough
Yes. You are right!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Cut back on the lighting to 6 hours or so. What are your water parameter tests? Actual numbers or at least a range please. Is it just old leaves turning yellowish? As they get more yellow you can scissor them off close to the rhizome (the sideways green stem that both leaves & roots grow from). There is a period of adjustment, longer with slow growers like anubias. Don't be in a hurry to "fix" anubias, that's just the way they grow, slowly. Be patient, enjoy the flowers. They should be fine

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store