Any comments or possible issues/tips with my stocking? Going to buy new fish tomorrow for my planted community tabj

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PetTide_YT

AC Members
Feb 3, 2021
Hey everyone, I have a planted 52 gallon tank filtered by an fx4, dimensions are 100x40x55cm, weekly and a small midweek water change. I’ve posted a few threads to do with stocking suggestions in the past, removing my life bearers since they needed harder water and not keeping fish like gourami or rainbow sharks. Right now I have: 1 angelfish, 7 neon tetra, 4 cherry barbs, 5 albino corydoras, 4 Otocinculus and a Siamese algae eater.
My final stocking will be (All fish combined):

1 Angelfish
15 Neon Tetra
8 Cherry Barbs
8 Albino Corydoras
5 Otocinculus
6 Peacock Gudgeons
5 Panda Garra
1 Siamese Algae Eater

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Hey everyone, I have a planted 52 gallon tank filtered by an fx4, dimensions are 100x40x55cm, weekly and a small midweek water change. I’ve posted a few threads to do with stocking suggestions in the past, removing my life bearers since they needed harder water and not keeping fish like gourami or rainbow sharks. Right now I have: 1 angelfish, 7 neon tetra, 4 cherry barbs, 5 albino corydoras, 4 Otocinculus and a Siamese algae eater.
My final stocking will be (All fish combined):

1 Angelfish
15 Neon Tetra
8 Cherry Barbs
8 Albino Corydoras
5 Otocinculus
6 Peacock Gudgeons
5 Panda Garra
1 Siamese Algae Eater
I don’t know a lot about your fish but I’m pretty certain the angles will eat the neons at some point. Probably not all at once, just one here one there, but you could always replenish the neons as needed if you like them

Reactions: Sprinkle

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
I’d get rid of the angelfish.
That was my plan too but nothing I read supported the decision.
Up one of the schools numbers.

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
As I am aware, panda garras should be 6+ as well but scuse me if i am wrong. I agree with above points, the angel will eat the neons at some point and sin duda (,given that, in spanish :p) they both are from the same environment and given that angels are quite the big fishes and neons are their natural prey.
The SAE would appreciate some company as well but not needed if you dont want to but seriously they are like corys and will socialize as well and a group of them will look majestic in such big tank too! I can guarantee! :)

PetTide_YT

AC Members
Feb 3, 2021
Do angels eat cardinal tetra? Since they get bigger. I’ve heard keeping baby angels and growing them up with tetra makes them less likely to see them as food, he’s been kept with tetra all his life

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Do angels eat cardinal tetra? Since they get bigger. I’ve heard keeping baby angels and growing them up with tetra makes them less likely to see them as food, he’s been kept with tetra all his life
Not true about the young angels. You cant reprogramme their instincts and nature....

Altum angels still may eat the cardinals i believe.. but i think you keep pterophyllum scalare right? Then no problem keeping cardinals.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Very nice looking tank!

+1 on changing out the neons. To that end, black neons or glowlight tetras are larger and will give you an iridescent reflection in your tank, only in orange or gold rather than blue. I'd shoot for a target of 10 or so, which will be fine in your tank.

I wouldn't worry about the mollies reproducing too much. The angel will pick off the baby mollies one by one so that very few, if any, will live to be adults.

Finally, most of the albino cories in the hobby are Corydoras aeneus, the bronze or green corydoras. Both are used as a common name, which I think is highly dependent on where you live. Anyways, if you wanted to change it up and get 3 or 4 normally colored C. aeneus they will school with the albinos and give you a little variety.

I wouldn't hesitate to increase the tetra school size to 10 and add 3 or 4 more cories myself with the filtration and plant growth you have.

WYite
My quote from your first thread on this topic. We gave you a lot of neon alternatives in that first thread.

Would you please pick one thread for this and just keep adding to that post instead of adding a new thread every week or so? I don't want to come off as a horse's a$$, but you keep posting new threads for this. This is the fourth one. If you kept and posted to a single thread it would be easy for you to look back at our suggestions and we wouldn't be hashing out stuff we've already discussed.

WYite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store