Anyone Growing Sebae Blue Dot Tips Anemone?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

archer772

AC Members
Apr 20, 2006
Caro Michigan
they inherited but 2 of them have split with me since ive had the tank (about 1 month and a half)... experience, i dont have too much... about 6 months now... to be honest im not sure if im ready to own one... that is why im asking about it!
I am sorry but I dont think you are ready for a Sebea, BTA's split for mainly 2 reasons stress and being well fed they can split for other reasons but those are the 2 main reasons that they split.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Whilst there isn't much reproductive information on anemones in general, it has been documented that sea anemones reproduce and spread slowly in nature, and small indiviuals are almost never seen.

You could therefore take from that, that if they don't split that frequently in the wild, why are they doing it home aquaria? What can't we replicate at home?

Another thing to consider (and is the reason I won't try another anemone at all) is that if you buy a "wild" anemone and it dies, not only have you failed to keep that creature alive but you have also potentially killed any clownfish that was using that anemone as a host in the wild.

Personally, IF I was ever to try another anemone (very doubtful) I would make sure it was a tank bred one.

JMO

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
so your saying its recommended to keep only ONE kind of anemone in a tank??

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
its a 5 foot 110 gallon with plenty of room... i ordered a few new polyps that should arrive friday morning... pics to come soon!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store