Aponogeton Ulvaceus Propagation

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nateyj90

AC Members
Feb 13, 2020
Everett, WA
I love this plant, I've had mine for close to six months now and it has shot two stalks to the surface. Each stalk forks into two white flowers at the water line. I know Ulvaceus isn't self fertile, so I'd need another plant to produce seeds. So I actually have two questions, 1: How do I "rest" my current Aponogeton bulb; Is it really as simple as cutting all the roots and leaves off and leaving it in a pot with sand for a couple of months? And 2: When I get more plants and hopefully get seeds from them, how do I germinate the seeds? I've read lots of conflicting info on germinating the seeds, whether you should leave them in water or put them in dirt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This plant seems to grow great in my aquarium and it seems most people give up on propagating it due to how cheap bulbs are and how long seeds take to actually grow. But I have no problem with waiting, as I learned with my cycling process, aquariums can require patience. I also think it would be kind of fun and interesting to grow my own Apons from seed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store