Appalachian Trail hike

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Avogel1231

AC Members
Mar 30, 2017
Cleveland, Ohio
Real Name
Alek "Al" Vogel
I am going on my third annual AT hike. This year me and my crew are gonna be hiking another hundred miles from Hanover to basically the middle of New Hampshire.

It's supposed to be super cold and rainy the first few days. It'll be fun though, wish me luck and I will update when I can.

Avogel1231

AC Members
Mar 30, 2017
Cleveland, Ohio
Real Name
Alek "Al" Vogel
Okay first night update, we were in the car from 5 in the morning to 5 at night. We hiked 0.6 miles from dartmouth up to the velvet rocks shelter where we promptly set up the bearbag, tents and crashed. I am signing off for tonight and if I get reception tomorrow I will post another update, along with any pictures I get.

Avogel1231

AC Members
Mar 30, 2017
Cleveland, Ohio
Real Name
Alek "Al" Vogel
Second day, we hiked 9.6 miles mainly downhill but the last 2.5 miles were almost straight up. Some of the guys and adults are having some trouble and I honestly think that they'll have to get off, the whites are brutal man. But today we hiked up moose mountain. 2,222 feet above sea level which was bad and by the end we will have to hike twice that high, not really looking forward to it lol. Well I'm signing off for another night. See ya around everyone.

Avogel1231

AC Members
Mar 30, 2017
Cleveland, Ohio
Real Name
Alek "Al" Vogel
Day 3, we hiked up 2 very large mountains today, we only hiked 12.2 but it was so grueling because of slick rocks, we are staying on top of smarts mountain in a cabin.

Avogel1231

AC Members
Mar 30, 2017
Cleveland, Ohio
Real Name
Alek "Al" Vogel
Day 4, it's super cold and rainy all day. We went down smarts and over mount cube. Mount cube was basically just a giant slick rock. It took us forever to get up because we'd fall and slide back down at points. For parts I felt like I was in one of those cabela's dioramas it was that Rocky. It was so cold at the top I seriously almost got hypothermia. But we got pulled and now are staying at a hostel and we probably took the best showers of our lives and got to eat PIZZA which was great and then we played super till we fell asleep.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store