Aquatek Co2 Regulator/Solenoid Issue

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bodul67

AC Members
Feb 17, 2021
I have the AQUATEK Aquarium CO2 Regulator with Integrated COOL TOUCH Solenoid. It's on a timer to turn on & off at specific times. When the timer switches off, the solenoid sticks in the open position. I have to unplug & plug it back in multiple times before the solenoid closes. I unscrewed the solenoid from the brass regulator and found that the rubber O-Ring has been torn slightly and that's the reason the solenoid wouldn't close properly. I reached out to Aquatek about a replacement O-Ring and they replied by I need to order a new solenoid. Of course they would, they want me to pay $40 for a new solenoid rather than pay less than $1 for a new O-Ring. Horrible!!!

Has anyone had this same problem and how was it rectified? I can't seem to find the exact O-ring to replace. I found one at Lowes and it's 5/16" ID x 1/16" CS, but it's too thick. The CS is half the thickness around 1/32" that I need.

The picture below is the O-ring that I'm talking about. It's NOT a picture of the torn one that I have, it's just a reference to location of O-Ring.

Aquatek.PNG

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
If you think it's the O ring, take it to home depot or such and find a relpacement, it doesn't have to come from the manufacturer.

Bodul67

AC Members
Feb 17, 2021
If you think it's the O ring, take it to home depot or such and find a relpacement, it doesn't have to come from the manufacturer.
If you read my post it says I can't find the correct size and if anyone corrected this problem on their Auqautek

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
In that case I'm sorry, doesn't say how hard you looked for a replacement?

Honestly I would get a better made regulator, not a big fan of $50 regulators from Amazon, especially not for an aquarium holding live animals.

The best of luck with your search. Most folks using budget regulators that I know replace with something more reliable

Bodul67

AC Members
Feb 17, 2021
In that case I'm sorry, doesn't say how hard you looked for a replacement?

Honestly I would get a better made regulator, not a big fan of $50 regulators from Amazon, especially not for an aquarium holding live animals.

The best of luck with your search. Most folks using budget regulators that I know replace with something more reliable
regulator works fine except for this damn O-Ring. Very frustrating. Thanks anyway.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
I have the AQUATEK Aquarium CO2 Regulator with Integrated COOL TOUCH Solenoid. It's on a timer to turn on & off at specific times. When the timer switches off, the solenoid sticks in the open position. I have to unplug & plug it back in multiple times before the solenoid closes. I unscrewed the solenoid from the brass regulator and found that the rubber O-Ring has been torn slightly and that's the reason the solenoid wouldn't close properly. I reached out to Aquatek about a replacement O-Ring and they replied by I need to order a new solenoid. Of course they would, they want me to pay $40 for a new solenoid rather than pay less than $1 for a new O-Ring. Horrible!!!

Has anyone had this same problem and how was it rectified? I can't seem to find the exact O-ring to replace. I found one at Lowes and it's 5/16" ID x 1/16" CS, but it's too thick. The CS is half the thickness around 1/32" that I need.

The picture below is the O-ring that I'm talking about. It's NOT a picture of the torn one that I have, it's just a reference to location of O-Ring.

View attachment 229160
You may be able to find what you want on-line. On-line sources may have a larger selection. You may have to browse a few sites until you find what you want, if it is available.

WYite

Bodul67

AC Members
Feb 17, 2021
You may be able to find what you want on-line. On-line sources may have a larger selection. You may have to browse a few sites until you find what you want, if it is available.

WYite
Yeah, i've been searching and the only thinest O-ring I found is the one I have 1/16" CS, I need something thinner almost half 1/32" CS

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Yeah, i've been searching and the only thinest O-ring I found is the one I have 1/16" CS, I need something thinner almost half 1/32" CS
Look at metric o-rings as well. You may find something close enough to substitute. For example, 3/16th of an inch is approximately 3 mm. The difference is 1/256th of an inch.

WYite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store