are these fish healthy?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
is it possible to cure an unhealthy fish from a LFS?

I ask because of the lack of pigmentation on the belly of the fish. check video:

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
The gourami look good at first glance :)

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
The pale bellies could be female or just young fish of any gender. Are these in your 20g? I forget your tank...tell us again please.

I think I see a gold & a 3 spot gourami (same species), maybe a dwarf or 2... &...?...I'm hoping it's not a balloon gourami I see...

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
The pale bellies could be female or just young fish of any gender. Are these in your 20g? I forget your tank...tell us again please.

I think I see a gold & a 3 spot gourami (same species), maybe a dwarf or 2... &...?...I'm hoping it's not a balloon gourami I see...
no, they are not mine, these are from a LFS. I've never seen gourami like these that is why i asked.
they are sold for $2 each, i doubt there are any other specie than 3 spots because of how cheap they are.

long story short:
because of covid almost all businesses here were closed down because of quarantine including LFS fish supplier, so for months LFS didn't have any fish at all until recently and now that i see these gouramis i thought that, in their rush to re-stock, they put out unhealthy fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store