asian upside down cat with different cats???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cacti

AC Members
May 31, 2001
Ripon, California, USA
Does anyone know if I can keep another type of catfish with an asian upsidedown catfish? The asian cat gets to about 11 or 12 inches and hides during the day, I am asuming two cannot be kept together so maybe another species of cat can go in that gets to be about the same size????:confused:

Stephen

There's always a bigger fish...
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
When you say "asian upside-down catfish", do you mean these? Upside-Down Catfish. If so the species profile here suggests that they reach 4". I have 3 in a 75 gallon tank with a 8" tiger shovelnose and a small albino oscar. I'm well aware that one day they'll need to be moved because of the shovelnose.

If this is the type your speaking of I can't tell you much about them except the like to hide when the lights are on. However they sometimes browse for food during the day. I feed them flakes, tablets, shrimp, and an occasional treat of fresh fish. They seem pretty friendly except to eachother. They like thier own spots. When the lights are off however they will sometimes school during thier browsing.

Hoped this helped and I hope this was the type of catfish you meant.

Stephen

There's always a bigger fish...
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
Cool. Can't help then. :( Does it go by another name? I couldn't find any info on them here.

Monglor

Cyanoguttatus
Aug 19, 2002
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Visit site
I have an asian upside down cat. I am currently keeping it with some bullhead catfish as well as some synodontis. I had 2 but 1 killed the other. They get along fine with my other catfish aside from some territorial disputes for rocks which the bullheads always win. They are 2nd only to my bullheads in the catfish heirarchy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store