Baby Hillstream loach

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I believe a couple of my sewellia lineolata have spawned. The baby is very tiny and has black and white markings. You can see him in the vid but not well. I HAVE GOT to get a better camera.

Mark

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Pretty sharp!

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
There are some predatory Rhinogobius in the tank. I hope they don't eat him. One of the Rhinos already ate a baby ABN.

Mark

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Hey congrats !! I wouldn't worry to much about all the fry being eaten. When sewellias breed, they have hundreds, if not thousands of eggs. Not all of them survive, but if you see 1 I would bet there are many more. Again, congrats.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I was able to get a better focus on the little guy this morning. I tried to put him in the QT tank last night to keep him away from the Rhinos and found out why he's still alive...he's lightning fast. Innywho, here's a short vid of him chillin under a leaf...

Definitely a baby lineolata.

Mark

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Nice. If you want to catch the little guy/girl, try the water bottle cut in 2 and top inverted into the bottle with a little food in there. Works great for mine. Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store