Best clip on light for nano planted tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
You don't need a 7500 kelvin light, sunlight is either 6000k or 6500k

Also it looks like it's not gonna cover much area with light..

I don't know if it was mentioned but the aqueon clip ons are better. Also are you doing open top or lid tank. The tank model will decide which light you can get because some lights are not compatible with some tanks so I still think you should choose the tank model first.

personally for small tanks I reccomend this or something similar to this here
You don't need it but you can use it. :)

From the reviews it looks fine.

Lid. She has a betta. We're working on the tank

Cool light, A little pricy but looks ok.
7500 or 8000K is just fine, you can even grow plants with 10,000K.
Agreed

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
use the light that makes the plants look to your eyes.. the color temperature is not that important in the big scheme of things.

(And I've grown plants from 2,700k to over 20,000K, it's just light if you are worried about how effecient it will be to grow plants, go onto eBay and get an ugly blurple blue and red
grow' light)

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
use the light that makes the plants look to your eyes.. the color temperature is not that important in the big scheme of things.

(And I've grown plants from 2,700k to over 20,000K, it's just light if you are worried about how effecient it will be to grow plants, go onto eBay and get an ugly blurple blue and red grow' light)
yes

Agreed. She can always get a cheap withe light to blind the purple. But it seems that it would be more cost efficient to get a grow light with white on it. This is a budget build. Not the $80 light I got.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Skip the purple light, and just get one that's white or 'full' spectrum.

No need to over complicate it, look for reviews of lights with a comparable tank, or something like that.

Personally I have a couple of Chihiros lights I'm itching to use, then possible Twinstar would be next. depending how technology goes.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Skip the purple light, and just get one that's white or 'full' spectrum.

No need to over complicate it, look for reviews of lights with a comparable tank, or something like that.

Personally I have a couple of Chihiros lights I'm itching to use, then possible Twinstar would be next. depending how technology goes.
Which that one was

true

A pit pricy. They look like good lights

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store