Best plants for a low-tech 2.6?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kinomatika

AC Members
Feb 8, 2017
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Kino
Camera Used
Canon t4i
I recently was unexpectedly gifted a 2.6 gallon fluval spec, and I'm very keen to try another planted tank with it! I really would rather not bother with c02 and crazy light requirements though, so if any of you have some cool suggestions on what to put in it and which substrate to use, let me know? I'm currently using ADA Aquasoil but man is it ever hard to come by.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Anubias petit or Anubia Nana would work.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
If it were me, I would go with a variety of mosses. There are some very cool forms out there, many are available TC, so no worries of importing snails, and they're easier to manage than stem plants.

Adalbert

AC Members
Mar 5, 2017
You can do low tech and grow plants with medium demands just add for example fluorish, excel and potassium and no co2 and it will be fine. ADA soil is great. If you are patient, plan your aquascaping, I would use dragon rocks, because it looks awesome, you can find many ideas pictures on the internet with those rocks. I really like the one with two islands on the side covered by a carpet and some slow growing plants and regular sand in the middle. Small tank with carpet looks amazing. Just grow a carpet first emersed and then add the rest plants

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store