betta sick

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AtlantisTreasur

AC Members
May 24, 2009
im really scared for my crowntail beta because he has little pale and white patches on him. his fins are ragged and pieces are falling off. he is very old, but i keep the tank clean and he has always been in good shape. he's eating fine. his water is normal.

i need advice on what i should do.
please help!!!!!!!!!

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
I would try doing daily water changes to keep his water as pristine as possible. This method is often very effective with fin rot which is what it sounds like he has.

francapps

AC Members
Mar 18, 2018
Camera Used
Samsung s8 phone camera
Hello,

I have a crowntail betta as well. Ive had him for almost a month now. Hes usually very active and a bit of an eater. I have been away for a few days (my brother fed him while i was away). i noticed he stayed at the bottom of the tank a lot today which isnt his norm. Hes normally a happy little guy and likes to nap on his leaf. His fins are normally spread out as he swims but he has had them a bit clamped today and was not eating as much. He also started darting around which concerned me. So i changed the water in his tank to see if that would change things, it hasnt and im worried. I used my flashlight to get a better look at him and noticed a little bit of gold shine to him. He has a natural iridecence to him but im not sure if this gold has always been there. I have him in a 3.5 gallon tank with an air pump filter (that i turned off just now to see if that would help).

Please help, im worried something is wrong. He had made such a lovely bubble nest before last weeks water change and now he isnt acting himself.

Here is a photo I took tonight. I took some video as well but Im not sure how to upload it on here.

20180318_004454.jpg

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I see you started your own thread! Great!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store