Bettas...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hcgirl80

i is a gud righter lyke leela.
Jun 3, 2004
USA
www.freewebs.com
Don't tell me you don't know about my ten gallon tank! That's what I'm talking about when I say 'Community'.

I would not assume a male betta and a female betta would make a community in a 2 gallon any sooner than I would put a comet goldfish in an unfiltered 1 gallon and assume he would live a full life.

hcgirl80

Jun 3, 2004
USA
www.freewebs.com
I wont have enough room for two bettas in my 10 gallon.

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
Do a search on google or here....all this information is very commonly asked stuff.

Don't keep a male/female together. One or both will get killed.

Do some research on breeding bettas. There are several links about it here. It's not really worth it, IMO.

Bettas are already so common that most fish stores have no interest in buying your bettas from you. They're already cheap because they're so common, so the most you'd get is ~$3.

Also, once the fry mature (there can be 300 of them) you need to separate all of the males out and put them in their own containers. That can mean 200 liter containers that all need to be cleaned and water changed, fed, kept at the proper temperature, etc. It is in no way a small or easy task.

hcgirl80

Jun 3, 2004
USA
www.freewebs.com
Leopardess said:
It's not really worth it, IMO
I see your point, and agree. I'd rather talk about bettas in a different way.

hcgirl80

Jun 3, 2004
USA
www.freewebs.com
New betta question: How long do they generally live?

hcgirl80

Jun 3, 2004
USA
www.freewebs.com
Thanx.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store