BGK eating Ghost Shrimp?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

roper930

AC Members
Feb 6, 2002
Nebraska
pages.ivillage.com
Anyone ever known a Black Ghost Knife to eat Ghost Shrimp? I put some in his tank to live until I feed them to my ray but several have disappeared....the only fish in the tank that could possibly have eaten them would be the ghost....

Beth

Faramir

The twit from over the pond.
Nov 20, 1998
Chesterfield UK
It wouldn't be entirely surprising....

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
BGK is a carnivore. If a fish or shrimp is small enough to fit in its large mouth....it will eat it..I bet he/she is one happy fish. THEY LOVE shrimp!

palehorse78

not your average fishman
Sep 14, 2002
Atlanta
something has attacked my angel real bad in my tank i have a brown knife in there you think that could have did it

roper930

AC Members
Feb 6, 2002
Nebraska
pages.ivillage.com
I didn't think he could eat one, but apparently I'm very wrong! ;) Oh well, a happy and full BGK is okay by me!! :D
He finally got a "Ghost House" (aka: and expensive piece of cheap plastic), and he's in hog heaven. It took some effort for me to lead him to it, but now that he discovered it, he won't go anywhere else. I buried it in the gravel so it would be nice and dark for him and he will quickly chase anything that comes near either opening! Fun to watch! :)

Beth

BTW - @ my LFS the other day, they had a baby BGK...only 1 1/2 inches!! It was sooooooo cute!!! Just an itty bitty little guy! :p

Okay, anyway.....

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
Mine eats the scavenger crew which is made of shrimps if i don't feed it,it is really bugging me because food laid to waste will contribute to nitrate levels.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store