black molly babies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gytono1

Registered Member
Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
i just recently purchased 4 black mollies 1 of which had about 8 babies last night. I have seperated them into another tank, but im lost as to what to do next. HELP!!!!!!!:confused:

Anton Wernher

AC Members
Feb 24, 2002
NC
Are they the only fish in the tank? Has the tank been cycled? Is it filtered and heated? If so all you have to worry about is feeding. You should be able feed them finely ground flake food.

Shibbies

One Shibby, Two Shibby, Red Shib...
Nov 27, 2002
Mobile, AL
Visit site
As long as the tank is set up well and they are out of harms way, feeding is the only issue. I feed my fry 'Wardley's fry food'. It's a liquid/powder form so it's easy to feed from. BTW, congrats.:)

val

Oct 18, 2002
Eastern Shore, Maryland
You can make your own liquid fry food. Take a couple of flakes of food, put in a small glass jar and set in direct sunlight. After a few days, the glass will go cloudy. This is a batch of infusoria. I add a couple of tablespoons of the liquid each day, usually in the morning. I have a tank I set up for a friend and her guppies had babies, and they've been doing quite well on that. Also, when you feed in general, I would also crush the flakes even more than usual.

Val

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store