Black moor urgent help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Goldiefan997

AC Members
Apr 20, 2018
Hi any help appreciated
I have a 225L tank fully cycled and one of my black moor goldfish is acting funny I have 2 and a fantail with an assortment are neon Tetras, cherry barbs, honey gold gourami x2 and one pleco (gibbiceps 2-3 Inc)
One of the Black Moors is acting really strange for the last few weeks it's been doing this thing where it's just sits on the floor breathing very very slowly it is fully active whenever it wants to be and sometimes it can go days and acting perfectly normal and it's fine if I put food in it will dart about for food,
I've had the goldfish for about 5 months and the rest of the fish varying dates over the last month my water parameters are all ok
I checked this morning my ammonia was zero pH 7.4 nitrite 0 and nitrate wise between 20 and 40 PPM
I have two filters one is a all pond Solutions 1000ef and the other is a 2000ef
For the first two months I had the three goldfish I had them in a five gallon which I know was too small which is why I upgraded as soon as I could it's did do this before at some point during that time but I assumed it was due to the ammonia levels etc and the tank being changed so readily
The place I bought them from what I didn't know what the time I do now know treated them absolutely awfully I bought them as adults and they were in disgusting condition the only other thing to know is the black moor has red inside one of its eye that looks like blood it was present since I purchased then they have mated since I bought them none of the Fry survive due to my inadequate ability to care for them at the time tank space and other factors mi understand my tank is a bit overstocked but it is well filtered I do regular water changes sometimes several times a week the the filter media and contents all gaps checked weekly I changed the sponges biweekly meaning one filter one week and then the other field to the next assuming it is needed if not it's just rinsed through and put back in I have plenty of biological Media so I'm not worried about the bacteria on the sponges that's why I replace them often if they needed to to keep it working at peak Performance
I started plant in the tank about 2 weeks ago and the goldfish destroyed the first lot of plants so I ordered a new batch, I am sanitising with potassium permanganate before dentist a tank and thoroughly rinsed with lots of dechlorinator.
I've noticed my nitrates have dropped significantly since I planted them this second lot last week and I have more coming and more going in today I am aiming to planted extremely heavily to deal with the goldfish is eating habits I feed with a mixture of frozen food and a mixture of different type pellets and tablets for a pleco also including cucumber melon courgette and peas for a varied diet as much as possible
Thank you for any help in advance I really need it I'm not sure how old they were since I purchased them as adults but they do seem to be quite old my fantail is always active but
When I put in my last batch of fish which was about a month ago I believe it went absolutely crazy along with the black moor now they went absolutely crazy barging into each other and they didn't do any damage to themselves or the new fish that I could see but there were they did single out the two golden gourami that I put in I don't know why they never acted like this before and haven't since the day I put them in they all seem to get along absolutely fine now
Video of the fish

Added link due to size limit on the post upload but had to remove as my account isn't mature enough to use them yet which is really annoying

Sorry that was such a long post if you need any more information just ask
And sorry if this is on the wrong place
My first time using
Thanks

Goldiefan997

AC Members
Apr 20, 2018
If someone would be really nice and help me with this then I'd be really grateful I added the pic of what I need to add the links to youtuYo and a screenshot of the links but a click link is just easier for everyone lolScreenshot_20180511-182450.jpg Screenshot_20180511-182632_01.jpg

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I would try another image hosting site.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Liquid test kit for those readings?

What temperature is the tank at?

What food are you feeding?

Goldiefan997

AC Members
Apr 20, 2018
All liquid tests I believe its the best results
Temp is normally between 23.5 -24 degrees Celsius
And I feed with a mixture of frozen food and a mixture of different type pellets and tablets for a pleco also including cucumber melon courgette and peas for a varied diet as much as possible

Thanks

Goldiefan997

AC Members
Apr 20, 2018
UPDATE*
Ny black moor is now spending all day in the same place with extreme low breathing
I have seen him eat when j put food in but he isn't interested he seems to act normal for a minute the just sniff the food then go back to his spot
I have made sure he ate yesterday but putting a fair amount of foot in his area then blocked off the other fish to stop them from doing what goldfish normally do
He had a few bits but became disinterested
It's really concerning because goldfish are such ravenous eaters
I put him up yesterday and checked for any signs of parasites infection bacteria that sort of thing on his body and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary,
I can understand it being a bacterial infection or fungus or some thing like that if the rest of the fish was showing signs or if I had high ammonia or my water was really bad spike can't find anything indicates a problem
He seems to be getting more sluggish daily he still moves around occasionally but he seems to be getting worse I really need some help please can someone help me I don't want to lose him if I can do something if it's old age then that's fine I can deal with that is just a part of nature but I don't want to feel like I could have done something and didn't
I double checked everything that I can in every way I can I can't see any sign of infection or parasites whatsoever the tank on a hole looks generally healthy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store