Black moors with white spots?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

loveclaywell

AC Members
Dec 1, 2011
Kentucky
Real Name
Victoria.(:
:goldfish: So i've had my three common goldfish for over two years now,With(almost)no problems.:woot:Then since I had room in the tank,and I read they could live together,I bought a black moor.I wanted to spice up the tank a little.I've had him for three days,and everything seems okay.I was a little concerned at first,I didn't want to make my healthy goldfish sick.I don't want them to die if the black moor,by some chance,has a sickness.I don't know how a normal black moor should act.You see,I've never owned one.He doesn't swim as fast as my common goldfish.He sort of wiggles to swim.He also kind of floats at the top of the tank,although he can swim to the bottom when he tries.I don't know if this is 'normal' black moor behavior.On his all black body,he has a few white spots.Not like tiny white spots,but not huge either.I don't know if thats normal,and I can just see it more cause his black body or if he is sick.I have medicine and stuff if needed.I keep the tank at the right temperature and I do weekly partial water changes.Everything is as it should be.So whats wrong?:1zhelp:Other than that,I've been watching,and the other fish seem fine with the new arrival.There hasn't bee any bullying and the black moor gets food.My final question,Do black moors require any special care?How do they normally behave?To conclude,I'm loving my cute,new black moor...I named him Arnold.:grinyes:
Thanks!:)

loveclaywell

AC Members
Dec 1, 2011
Kentucky
Real Name
Victoria.(:
He was doing Okay.I was treating it like Ich,But now it doesn't look so good.The ph and ammonia was a little messed up in my tank (I was out of test strips)But now I bought some and some ph correcting tablets.All my other fish are doing fine,But arnold isn't.Yesterday he was floating aroung in the top corner of the tank.:eek:mg:Last night he got stuck to the filter twice so I thought he was dead but when I unplugged the filter he just floated off.He is kind of just floating around.And now he is just sitting at the bottom of the tank.:eek: Please help!

Samsmobb

AC Members
Feb 1, 2012
Gaithersburg Maryland
Keep the ph at 7.2 or higher for my recommendation. We get them at my fish store n they seem to react very easily to ph changes as opposed to other similar goldfish.
Keep ammonia at 0 as well. Should have a minimum of a 20 gallon tank or so for juveniles. Full grown ones require bigger tank.
Othetwise keep an eye on him because once they start sticking to the filter they are really weak

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store