bloodworms gone bad?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
i got a can of bloodworms, i stored it in the fridge but they turned white at the top... are they good or should i dump that?

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
maybe the it froze or something? i stored it in the cooler, not freezer

P_20220918_210422.jpg

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Are those the Zoo Med Can O'Bloodworms? If so and they've been opened more than a week, you may want to discard them.

Whitish colored ones are usually dead or just bad. You could try dumping the whole can in a container of dechlorinated water and discard the 'bad' looking ones by pouring them out of the container and see how the normal ones look. I don't know if the sniff test works on these types of products.

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
Are those the Zoo Med Can O'Bloodworms? If so and they've been opened more than a week, you may want to discard them.

Whitish colored ones are usually dead or just bad. You could try dumping the whole can in a container of dechlorinated water and discard the 'bad' looking ones by pouring them out of the container and see how the normal ones look. I don't know if the sniff test works on these types of products.
yes it is zoo med, yes it has been opened for more than a week (i think a month). The whitish colored ones are at the top, but i'll just dump it. the rest is probably on its way to go white as well

Reactions: dudley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store