Bosemani with body sores

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WaterBaby

Senior Member with Senior Moments
Sep 23, 2002
Florence, New Jersey
Camera Used
I use an iPhone 8 camera
Water parameters:
78 degrees
pH 7.0
No Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates 10ppm
Water changes 25% every week along with filter media rinsing.

I have a male Bosemani that has had a few red spots (sores) on his side for about a year now. He doesn’t seem lethargic, doesn’t flash, swims and eats fine. No stringy poop. I have taken him out a few times, put him in a hospital tank and medicated him with: melafix (did nothing), metroplex with kanaplex (again, nothing, and maracyn 2 (nada)...... once in a while he gets these small white pimples in these sores.
I also just lost the female Bosemani. She had redness, gill cover deterioration, scale loss but no sores. I also moved her to the hospital tank with the male and tried to treat. I lost her today
I don’t know what else to do. I don’t want to move him back into the main tank and don’t know what else to treat him with. Like I said, this has been going on for about a year. His side never clears up and the spots have never gotten larger.

F286323C-8402-47A6-9409-F32E4DFA1460.jpeg

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
It might not be bacterial... It is good though that it hasn't gotten worse. What you could try;
Raise temperature to ±84 degrees, and raise the pH/KH/GH so you get a pH of at least 7,8 and GH of 10.
Maybe add a bit of salt too like 8 to 10 grams per gallon. If you want to spend another couple of $ on it try Micro lift Artemis.
He looks good otherwise. For how long have you had him?

Reactions: Sprinkle

WaterBaby

Sep 23, 2002
Florence, New Jersey
Camera Used
I use an iPhone 8 camera
It might not be bacterial... It is good though that it hasn't gotten worse. What you could try;
Raise temperature to ±84 degrees, and raise the pH/KH/GH so you get a pH of at least 7,8 and GH of 10.
Maybe add a bit of salt too like 8 to 10 grams per gallon. If you want to spend another couple of $ on it try Micro lift Artemis.
He looks good otherwise. For how long have you had him?

WaterBaby

Sep 23, 2002
Florence, New Jersey
Camera Used
I use an iPhone 8 camera
I’ve had him in the tank for about 5 years now. I got him when he was quite small. I will look into the things you suggested and try them. What are you thinking it could be?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store