Bowfronts?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
What are the benefits of bowfront aquariums?
Does it really look better?

Ozone

.,^`'~AC Addict~'`^,.
Nov 30, 2002
USA, NY
Visit site
yeah! I want to know that as well I’m planning to buy one soon!
I will like to know if its any better then commonly used aquariums..
Thansk Ozone~

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
It's really just personal preference. For me, I think a 75g bow-front looks bigger than a 75g rectangular...just more surface (viewing) area on the front.

One possible downside is that the curved front glass makes it more difficult to scrape off algae - assuming you're using an old credit card or commercially available 'algae scraper'.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
I love my 72 bow...

major problems with it are making a stand and hood, and you get quite a bit of distortion in the front glass.

However, IMHO the look of the curved glass more than makes up for its shortcomings and difficulties.

superstein61

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
I agree - I love my 72G bowfront. The curved glass gives a much more elegant look than the basic rectangle tank and offers more viewing area in front. The downside is as noted above - making your own stand / hood is harder (i bought mine instead) - and depending on the angle (really only applies in odd viewing angles) , you may get some distortion / illusion with the curved glass / water playing tricks on your eyes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store