Breeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
I have never had fishes that attempted to breed other than guppies but sometimes even guppy fries don't survive,can anyone point out mistakes other than water parameters?I used breeding tanks for guppies but the fries grew too slow so i killed them.

Tristan

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
Singapore
You... er.... you... killed your fry? Well... I suppose that's... okay... if you fed them to other fish... that happens all the time...
please tell us that you didn't just... let them dry up or something...

What fish do you have in mind? Maybe you could try anabantoids... my bettas start building bubble nest the moment they are in my tank...

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Originally posted by Serrateeth_2002
I have never had fishes that attempted to breed other than guppies but sometimes even guppy fries don't survive,can anyone point out mistakes other than water parameters?I used breeding tanks for guppies but the fries grew too slow so i killed them.
You killed them because they grew slowly??? Sorry to say...most of the fry out there grow slowly.

Maybe he flushed them down the toilet?

Last edited:

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
Re: Re: Breeding

Originally posted by JamisonBWolsh

You killed them because they grew slowly??? Sorry to say...most of the fry out there grow slowly.

Maybe he flushed them down the toilet?

I didn't know fry grew slowly,i wouldn't waste them,i fed them to bigger fish but this is totally opposite to a too much feeder problem i had.

Erynn

Ahhh weekends
Dec 4, 2002
Stoney Creek
What size of tank do you have them in? If they are in a REALLY small tank you COULD be (unlikely with guppies) stunting their growth......however....doesn't matter what fish you breed...all the fry will grow slowly. This hobby requires LOTS of patience.....and if you have that then you get great rewards!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store